Insulation, does it make a difference to energy efficiency?
There are many types of insulation but the one that we’re interested at is Thermal Insulation in buildings. According to Wikipedia Thermal Insulation reduces unwanted heat loss or gain and can decrease the energy demands of heating and cooling systems.
What makes insulation energy efficient?
- Insulation allows a building to use less heating and cooling energy, thus resulting in decrease of power consumption.
- It is more effective than double glazed windows and it is also more environment friendly because it is made from natural resources (eg. wool).
Benefits of having Insulation
- It is really advisable to have insulation in buildings especially big establishments (eg. schools, offices) because not only are you saving money but also helping in conserving our natural resources.
- In places like schools insulation are also a big help in reducing background noises because it acts as a soundproofing slowing down the travel of noise vibrations.
- Insulation reduces the possibility of moulds developing
In my opinion I think that insulation is very energy efficient in many ways, because of its many benefits that help us conserve our Energy and save the planet at the same time.
So be SMART and install insulation at your houses, shops, etc.
Egg trays can be used as a substitute of thermal insulation and soundproofing.
For more information about Thermal insulation visit these websites:
If you are interested in getting insulation for your homes, shops, etc. you can visit these websites: